History of Shaman Ti ("Shaman Ti")
Shaman Ti (“Shaman” is a person who communicates with spirits and heals diseases, “Ti” is the first letters of the artist’s nickname [Tiana]), real name is Tatyana Silina. Music producer and DJ from central Belarus (currently living in Moscow), creator of the indie label "idea to music", author of soundtracks for ice shows "Russian Circus on Ice" Triumph "" and "Blue Ice". In the club world, she is known as a bright representative of the tribal dance direction.
Tatyana Silina was born on August 22, 1989 in a family of ordinary workers in an urban village Svisloch. There she spent her early childhood. She first appeared on stage in the late 90s. Tatyana's mother was sure that the girl had a natural talent and raised her first as a vocalist, and then as a pianist. In 2000, Tatyana entered Republican gymnasium-college at the Belarusian Academy of Music to the piano faculty and leaves the parental home for 2 years. At this time, a sense of good musical taste begins to take root in Ti. There she met such musical groups as Pink Floyd and Queen, Muse and Radiohead, Depeche Mode and Massive Attack, Bjork and many others.
In 2002, Ti returns to his parents' house, but not as a sweet and accommodating child, but as a rebellious teenager who has radically changed his outlook on life and behavior. Musical preferences also changed accordingly. Representatives of breakbeat ("Prodigy", "UNKLE", "Chemical brothers", etc.), psychedelic rock bands ("Led Zeppelin", "The Beatles", "The Doors", etc.), as well as the compositions of garlic rock ("AC / DC", "Deep purple", "Kiss", etc.).
And in 2003, Tiana held a rock festival with the participation of local bands, where she herself took part as a frontman. There was a lot of local rock music that day. There was an unusual atmosphere of a small victory over classical zadrotstvo - classes for 8 hours a day on the piano.
Ti spends 2004 and 2005 with a guitar by the fire in the company of close friends. In addition, completely opposite musicality begins to attach to it - the lightness of 5'nizz's, the freedom of "Jamiroquai" and the elegant electronics inherent in "Royksopp", "Telepopmusic" and others.
In the summer of 2006, Tatiana again organizes a musical event - Open Air, a party under the night sky. Already an electronic format, where not only minimalistic Techno sounded, but also good House. To say that there was a contrast compared to the previous performance is an understatement, but it was cool.
Quintessence EP (2020)
Released in the fall of 2020, the EP called "Quintessence" was inspired by shamanic culture, but not only! The music was based on Slavic ethnics and a variety of percussions, cleverly mixed with a modern rich sound... The EP included 3 tracks: "Coven", "Ragana" and "Succubus".
The legend of the creation of "Quintessence":
The shaman wanted some primitive dances by the fire, but he realized that he was no longer taking out an ordinary tambourine with a jew's harp. I wanted pure Slavic vocals and a variety of percussions, but what would rock like in my younger years. And then the shaman remembered that he had a girlfriend - Ti - she pressed her ear to the ground, listening to the voice of the world, which she knows to the soul of the youth. He called her to the ceremony, they began to dance, and they got it - Quintessence.
Ragana video clip (2020)
Initially, Ti planned to release only one track - "Ragana". However, the sudden self-isolation of 2020 disrupted these plans, which, in fact, only inspired the girl! The time spent at home allowed Ti to think carefully about the planned recording ... As Tatyana herself admitted: “During this time, all the puzzles have come together ...”
The video for "Ragana" was filmed back in February 2020. Where exactly will filming take place? - The answer to this question came very quickly! According to Shaman Ti herself, she has been in love with the work of Samskara and MysticUniverse for too long ... In general, the team went there first of all! Speaking of the team: the clip was filmed by Artyom Ignatov, who is also a director and editor.
“This is a man who is ready for anything for the sake of a good shot!” Tatyana emphasizes.
As for the bright dances, they were performed by Yulia Kudinova, a participant in the first season of the television show “Dancing on TNT”, a finalist in the dance project “Everybody Dance! Season 4.
“Yulia is a true professional with a capital letter…” says Shaman Ti.
By the way: Yulina's dances and Tatyana herself were already filmed at the studios. It turned out quite interesting, given that at that time the girls acted without a script ...
We asked Tiana and learned a few of her secrets...
Tell our readers what kind of music inspired you to write your own?
I love something conceptual, but non-standard. I like it when a quiet storm or a perfect storm). Often this is something strange and, in theory, incompatible. But if it is done gently, qualitatively and according to the laws of internal response, it becomes something attractive for me.
What is more important for you: to find a response from the listener or to lead your own line, no matter what?
I'm still one of those people who fiercely despises the pop music that sounds from every radio speaker, and the business of nearby structures is something shameful. Because whatever one may say, it is a creative activity. And creativity is born and begins in thought. If people are ready to change their worldview for the sake of big money, most likely they are living other people's lives. What's the point then? And to do something that does not matter, and moreover, to breed mass stupefaction is a taboo for me. That's so even fundamentally, not only in terms of taste.
Tell me what's on your playlist right now?
What I currently have in my player: Kaytranada, Masego, Bonobo, Cinematic Orchestra, Ludovico Einaudi, Max Richter.
Where do you draw inspiration from?
I have a special sympathy for various ethnics: oriental, Indian, African, Russian, packed in quality and style - Zventa Sventana, Onuka, Bubba, TroyBoi, Baauer, M.I.A. I'm getting fed up with them!
What plans do you have for the future?
I decided to write an album with folk vocals in the near future. Show all the beauty of Russian ethnicity. I give you my word, the locals of the outback will give odds to many vocalists from big cities. To implement this idea, a special approach is needed - a trip around Russia with a recorder. By the way, maybe I'll shoot a couple of episodes about how it was done.
Are you planning concerts after the pandemic?
Yes! The task for the future, when the pandemic is over, is to perform for a more or less impressive number of people (+ - 500 people). I would like to have someone waiting for me with my vision of music. Development and growth in production is also planned.
What are you doing now?
Recently, a lot of preparatory work has been done to launch the Shaman Ti project. Nowadays, it is not enough to create just good material. Without media support, music goes on the shelves no further than your relatives and friends. We prepared and started on November 23rd. Now we are actively starting the mechanism, this is a very interesting experiment for us. I say "for us" because this is a team study. I have been very lucky with my friends in this regard as well. Due to the fact that the task is quite laborious, the activities of music production are frozen until January. For now, I intend to put all of myself into the project that resonates the most with my inner world. I hope it works.
Shaman Ti discography
- Abduction - ice show "Shine of Ice". Fairy tale "Snow Queen". The moment of Gerda's abduction by robbers.
- Robbers - ice show "Shine of Ice". Fairy tale "Snow Queen". The appearance of robbers.
- Deer - ice show "Shine of Ice". Fairy tale "Snow Queen". Deer helps Gerda get to Kai
- Indians - ice show "Shine of Ice". Theatrical stunt staging of Indians with maces.
- Magic – ice show “Russian Circus on Ice Triumph”. The story of two acrobats in love on canvases.
- Meet - ice show "Shine of Ice". Meeting of Snow White and the Dwarfs.
- This Is What You Came For (Future Bass Cover) – cover by Calvin Harris and Rihanna
- Jingle Bells (Trap cover) – cover of the famous traditional song “Jingle Bells”
- Send My Love (Future Bass Cover) – cover by Adele
- North Wind (Cinema cover) – cover version for Linda by music artist Alina Mora
- Escape - Initially, Escape was conceived as a story for the catwalk. But soon such a need disappeared and Alina Mora and I made adjustments
- All Night Long - peppy jazz-funk for Alina Mora.
- Start of Show (part I) – ice show “Russian Circus on Ice “Triumph””. Beginning of the program, part 1.
- Start of Show (part II) – ice show “Russian Circus on Ice “Triumph””. Beginning of the program, part 2.
- Hero's Dream – ice show “Russian Circus on Ice “Triumph””. Dream of the protagonist.
- space exploration – ice show “Russian Circus on Ice “Triumph””. Magic trick number with light fixtures.
- Chioce of Life – ice show “Russian Circus on Ice “Triumph””. This issue touches upon the theme of good, evil, love and the eternal struggle between them.
- Flying Witch (part I) – ice show “Russian Circus on Ice “Triumph””. Convocation for the Sabbath.
- Flying Witch (part II) – ice show “Russian Circus on Ice “Triumph””. Waltz of the Unclean.
- Flying Witch (part III) – ice show “Russian Circus on Ice “Triumph””. Air number Cor de Parel performed by a witch.
- Mafia – ice show “Russian Circus on Ice “Triumph””. The moment of the kidnapping of the main characters.
- Wings – ice show “Russian Circus on Ice “Triumph””. Room-magic with light fixtures.
- Flight of Dreams – ice show “Russian Circus on Ice “Triumph””. Graceful aerial gymnastics on the ring.
- Tribal Dance – ice show “Russian Circus on Ice “Triumph””. Ethnic image. Hula hoop game.
- Intermission - background music for waiting for the performance "Russian Circus on Ice "Triumph"".
Producer: Shaman Ti The concept was based on local Slavic ethnics with a modern rich sound. Vadim Kuleshov helped with sound engineering.