Stories about the life of Tom Hardy
Tom Hardy - British movie star, charismatic and attractive man, responsible person. In his portfolio you can find many films for every taste and color: these are amazing militants, exciting military dramas, frightening thrillers. The actor does an excellent job with all the roles that he is offered, including the roles of psychopaths, maniacs, criminals and drug addicts.
However, despite the multiple negative roles, Tom Hardy manages to conquer the viewer with his charisma. The actor has a unique ability to change the character for himself so that the viewer forgets that this is all a movie. Let's dig deeper and try to find out a little more about this incredible actor than we know now.
Childhood and youth
- Edward Thomas Hardy was born in London on September 15, 1977.
- His family was creative and educated: his mother was an artist, and his father was a writer and screenwriter.
- Tom was the only child in the family. His parents paid him a lot of attention, showered him with gifts, and perhaps that's why he grew up a little spoiled.
- Despite respected and intelligent parents, Tom was a naughty child.
- When the boy went to school, he began to communicate with representatives of different classes of society, including children from dysfunctional families.
- At the age of 12, Thomas began to drink alcohol and try drugs.
- At the age of 15, he was expelled from school for terrible behavior and addiction to beer and drugs.
- Further, Hardy was followed by a series of problems with the law. One of these was a drive to the police for stealing a car, not for the sake of theft, but for the sake of a short pleasure from the next dose.
- Thomas managed to avoid prison only thanks to his father's connections.
- However, despite such a "stormy" teenage life, the future actor has been interested in theatrical art since childhood. And so, at the age of eighteen, Tom Hardy entered drama school from which he would later be expelled.
- At the age of twenty-one, the young man won a TV show and won a contract with a modeling agency.
- This was followed by a series of first films and films in which the actor got, albeit small, roles. During that period in his life, when Thomas was just beginning to strengthen and consolidate his acting career, Hardy did not stop using drugs.
- However, after one unpleasant event, when the actor went over and woke up in a pool of blood, Thomas decided to quit and went to a rehabilitation center for treatment.
- After the end of treatment, the movie star never touched drugs again. The man managed to transfer this energy into professional activities, which he did very well, as you have already noticed.
The acting career of Thomas Hardy: from the beginning of the journey to receiving prizes and awards
- In 2003, the actor received the Most Promising Newcomer Award for his excellent performance in the film We Were All Kings in Arabia, as well as for some performances.
- The famous film "Start: Moving in the opposite direction" was for Tom Hardy a real breakthrough in the opinion of many film critics and the approval of the public.
- This was followed by participation in the crime comedy "Rock and Roll", in which Tom played a homosexual gangster.
- In the film "Bronson", released in 2008, the actor appeared before the public in a new look: Hardy grew a mustache and gained about 10 kilograms of weight. The movie star played the role of a charismatic maniac.
- The next project was the work "Warrior", for participation in which Thomas Hardy had to quickly get in shape and lose weight. The actor succeeded thanks to daily sports and going to the gym.
- In 2010, Tom Hardy first collaborated with the famous Hollywood star Leonardo DiCaprio, whom they met on the set in the film Inception.
- Again, the actor was forced to gain weight heavily for the filming of a film called The Dark Knight Rises. Also, in order to look no lower than Batman himself, the not-tall actor had to wear ten-centimeter-high stocks.
- The long-awaited and well-deserved "Oscar" Tom brought participation in the film "The Revenant" in 2015. Here the actor played a greedy and cowardly man who easily doomed his close friend, Hugh Glass, to death.
Personal life of Tom Hardy and his relationship with girls
- It is known that his first marriage was registered very quickly. It's only been three weeks since I met my producer wife. The lovers got married in 1999 and divorced in 2004. Sarah Ward could not stand the constant problems with alcohol and drugs, so the idea of a divorce belonged to her.
- From 2005 to 2009 he was in a relationship with model Rachel Speed. They have a child together named Louis Hardy. After the separation of the couple, the son still communicates with pleasure with his own father.
- In 2009, on the set of Wuthering Heights, Thomas met his second future wife, Charlotte Riley. The actors played people in love with each other in the film. And although Charlotte was very skeptical about the novels on the site, after 5 years the couple officially got married, and in 2015 they had a joint child.
A couple more interesting facts about Tom Hardy that you definitely did not know
- In 1999, a collection of Tom's tracks was created together with his friend Edward Tracy, but it was never published. Hardy rapped and Edward picked the right beats.
- The actor explains his acting talent by the fact that he is by nature a true liar. Hardy believes that if it were not for his ability to get out and manipulate, he would hardly have been able to find any other hobby in this world.
- Tom loves dogs. Instagram even has an account that is entirely dedicated to photos of the actor with these animals.
- Tom Hardy just loves to play villains, villains and maniacs. Ordinary characters are too boring and uninteresting for him.
- Once Tom lost in a dispute with Leonardo DiCaprio, after which the first made a tattoo with the name of the latter.